Google My Business (GMB) is a free online tool that helps local businesses to be more visible online. With GMB, businesses can share their contact information, opening hours, website, and other information with potential customers. Recently, businesses can also add social media links to their GMB profiles. This information was added by Google on their help center.
How to add social media links to your GMB profile
To add a social media link to your GMB profile, go to your GMB profile and click on the “Edit” button. Scroll down until you see the “Social media” section and click on the “Add social media links” button. Then, add the links to your social media profiles.
Tips for adding social media links to your GMB profile
- Make sure you add the correct links. Check the links before you add them to make sure they lead to the correct profiles.
- Use consistent names for your social media profiles. This will make it easier for customers to find you on social media.
- Add links to your most popular social media profiles. These are the profiles where you have the most followers and where you are most active.
- Update your social media links regularly. This is especially important if you update your social media profiles or add new profiles.
Benefits of adding social media links to your GMB profile
There are a number of benefits to adding social media links to your GMB profile. These include:
- Helping potential customers find you on social media. When someone searches for your business in Google Search, they can see your social media profiles if you have links added to your GMB profile. This can help you attract more customers and generate more sales.
- Promoting your brand. When you are active on social media, you can promote your brand and put your business in the spotlight. You can share photos and videos of your products or services, post interesting content, and interact with customers. This can help you increase brand awareness and attract more customers.
- Reaching more customers. Social media is a great way to reach a large number of people. When you add links to your GMB profile, you can show your social media profiles to a wider audience. This can help you reach more customers and generate more sales.
Adding social media links to your Google My Business profile is a good way to promote your business and reach more customers. If you are not already doing so, I encourage you to add social media links to your GMB profile today.
Note (August 2023): This feature is not yet available in all regions. Google is working on expanding this feature to more regions.